Le 19/05/2022 à 14:48, Andreas Tille a écrit :

OK, I tried again.  I confirm the automatic installer now created a
swap partition inside encrypted LVM (no idea whether I simply looked
at the wrong place this morning.)  However, that swap partition is
only 1GB thus way to small to enable hibernation of 64GB memory.
(See attached screenshot.)

Known issue. Multiple bug reports such as #987503 have been reported.

I manually removed both partitions and recreated with 64GB swap.

You could also reserve some free space in the volume group and use it to extend the swap logical volume. This way, no need to remove the volumes.

On the freshly installed system lsblk now shows

     ...vg-swap_1 254:1   0 59,6G  0 lvm    [SWAP]

Hmmm, it seems I need to add some more GB to enable hibernation since
this is my main purpose to create such a large swap.  Is there some kind
of formula how I need to size the swap space to enable dumping all
memory?

The installer talks in decimal GB whereas lsblk talks in binary GiB.
1 GiB ~ 1,07 GB

IIUC hibernation does not require as much swap as RAM, but "enough" free swap for what needs to be dumped into the hibernation image such as process data, but not clean disk cache.