Cyril Brulebois <k...@debian.org> (2023-05-22):
> I'm willing to consider tweaking (3), making it conditional.

[…]

> Since it's filed at severity normal I think I'll stick to my initial
> assessment which was: adjust hw-detect during the Trixie release cycle,
> and consider cherry-picks for Bookworm, once we get a better picture.

Given the first follow-up to #1036589, I'm even more convinced trying to
rush something for 12.0 would be a bad idea.

Having an extra component enabled and an extra package installed in some
environments doesn't really justify trying to get an immediate fix,
which could jeopardize all other installation scenarios.

Cheers,
--
Cyril Brulebois (k...@debian.org)            <https://debamax.com/>