Package: rootskel
Version: 1.135
Severity: normal
Tags: patch

Hi,

One can see the symptoms by looking here:

  https://openqa.debian.net/tests/151286

the orange "Soft Failed" boxes highlight some of the failing screens, where the
failure can be seen in the screenshot immediately preceeding the "Soft Failed"

I'll attach an example to save people from having to follow that link.

Apparently, this MR fixes the problem:

  https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/rootskel/-/merge_requests/8

Although this does prompt the question of why aarch64 has TERM set to 'vt102' at
this point, rather than 'linux'.

Also, I wonder whether there could be other circumstances when $TERM is set to
'vt102' where this change could be problematic (I'm guessing that the $TERM_TYPE
checks deal with that, but I'm not sure).

BTW This seems to have some overlap with #263137.

Cheers, Phil.