Hi,

rauf.hammad <rauf.ham...@gmail.com> (2023-07-25):
> On doing apt-get update; apt-get upgrade; warnings about missing firmware
> /lib/firmware/amdgpu/* appeared.

Those are really not a problem.

> Excrept from console messages during: apt install <<anything>>; is given
> below:
> raspi-firmware: missing /boot/firmware, did you forget to mount it?
> run-parts: /etc/initramfs/post-update.d//z50-raspi-firmware exited with
> return code 1
> dpkg: error processing package initramfs-tools (--configure):
>  installed initramfs-tools package post-installation script subprocess
> returned error exit status 1
>  linux-image-6.1.0-10-amd64
>  linux-image-amd64
>  initramfs-tools
> root@peace-homes:~#

The raspi-firmware thing is a grave problem instead (fixed in the 12.1
live images: raspi-firmware is no longer installed by mistake):
 - delete z50 hooks;
 - then purge the raspi-firmware package.

Something like this should help:

    rm /etc/initramfs/post-update.d/z50-raspi-firmware
    rm /etc/kernel/postrm.d/z50-raspi-firmware
    rm /etc/kernel/postinst.d/z50-raspi-firmware
    dpkg -P raspi-firmware

Afterwards, you should be able to configure other packages with:

    dpkg --configure -a

And the package manager (apt, apt-get, etc.) should be happier at this
point.

Cheers,
--
Cyril Brulebois (k...@debian.org)            <https://debamax.com/>