>From: Gregor Riepl <onit...@gmail.com>
>To: Debian Bug Tracking System <915...@bugs.debian.org>
>Subject: Re: Please drop anacron from task-desktop and task-laptop
>Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2023 17:19:21 +0100
>
>On the other hand, the systemd-cron package provides anacron, so it could be
>installed instead, if the cron dependency should be kept.

Debootstrap would only take into account the first alternative I think,
even if systemd-cron Provides a virtual anacron.

Thanks to наб, systemd-cron has seen a lot of improvement recently
and been rewritten in C++, got an extensive test suite
and also extensive heuristic tables to avoid running useless
legacy crontabs that does nothing under systemd:
   https://wiki.debian.org/systemd-cron
(checkout v2.0+ in testing)

So can we just replace "anacron"
by "systemd-cron" and be done with this old bug ?

On a typical system, the only legacy crontab remaining
to translate is popularity-contest and the rest
is shadowed by native .timer/.service pairs.

Greetings,