Felix Zielcke <fziel...@z-51.de> (2023-09-19):
> Am 18.09.2023 22:23, schrieb Pascal Hambourg:
> > On 18/09/2023 at 19:20, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> > >
> > > I would think so, yes. If that's not too much of a hassle, maybe
> > > wait a
> > > few days in case someone can think of a clever case where keeping them
> > > would make sense; but seeing it unsupported upstream, with the partman
> > > part removed already, I can't see why that would be the case…
> >
> > Rescue mode ?
>
> But then it still would make sense, to at least remove the
> mkreiserfsprogs-udeb
> The reiserfsprogs-udeb which contains fsck maybe could be kept.

While it can do that as well (to some extent), the installer's primary
focus isn't to rescue systems but to install new ones; there are better
tools for that anyway.

Since the plan for mainline is to eventually drop support for ReiserFS,
I don't think we should actively keep support for it “just in case
someone needs to rescue a system”. If some user really wants to use d-i
for that, we have a very wide range of versions available.

Cheers,
--
Cyril Brulebois (k...@debian.org)            <https://debamax.com/>