Hi,

Resending, as I forgot to reply to the list. Response in line.

On Thursday, 9 November 2023 at 20:52, Pascal Hambourg <pas...@plouf.fr.eu.org>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 09/11/2023 at 17:36, Danny van Heumen wrote:
>
> > I recently discovered that `/boot/efi`, being a FAT parition, is mounted
> > with an implicit owner and group, because FAT cannot store permissions. For
> > the default use case, `/boot/efi` is mounted automatically during boot, so
> > there is little risk. With diffirent mount options, this may become an
> > issue.
> >
> > Was it ever considered to add `uid=0,gid=0` as default mount options for
> > the EFI System Partition (ESP)?

I would argue that this should be independent of use case, that is you would
want to ensure the ESP is always accessed as root. (Same as for example the
`umask=0077` setting that I think is already part of the install.)
Apart from that, I was experimenting with having /boot not auto-mounted, but
only mounted manually when performing system updates.