Bastian Blank <wa...@debian.org> (2023-12-24):
> On Sun, Dec 24, 2023 at 08:38:57AM +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> > - kernel-image-* packages are now shipping /boot/vmlinuz-* (or
> >   /boot/vmlinux-* depending on the arch), instead of just /boot/vmlinuz
> >   (respectively /boot/vmlinux).
>
> This was even dependent on architecture.  A lot of secondary
> architectures already had various suffixes.

Looking at kernel-image-* 6.5.13-1 for release archs, I'm only seeing
mips64el (-6.5.0-5-5kc-malta, -6.5.0-5-loongson-3, -6.5.0-5-mips64r2el
suffixes), and its build targets didn't hit the codepath I had to patch
for the general case.

Anyway, since you're not reacting with “oops, we didn't mean to”, I'm
going to count this as a deliberate change.

> > - Modules are compressed now, so the drm workaround needed an updated to
> >   cope with the extra .xz suffix:
> >
> > https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/debian-installer/-/commit/bd0f1106f90756e6f4514108492d71e1f2e695ea
>
> This now hardcodes .xz.  And I'm not really sure what this does and why
> this can't be fixed in the kernel packages.

Because that's a workaround for a problem that's not in the kernel and
that remains to be fully investigated.

Cheers,
--
Cyril Brulebois (k...@debian.org)            <https://debamax.com/>