*  (Denis Barbier)

| On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 01:29:35PM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
| [...]
| > Right now there is a ncurses and a slang frontend, I am not sure of
| > the state of those, but it should be possible to link the better of
| > them against something-utf8 or create a newt-utf8 frontend.
|
| It would also be desirable to only support i18n-ed frontends, having
| English text (Yes/No/Back/Cancel etc.) in buttons is confusing:
| translators do not know if they have to write English or translated
| strings in descriptions, because displayed labels depend upon the
| user selected frontend.

The way I have implemented the i18n is that they will fall back to
non-translated strings if a translated string is not found.  I don't
see why the frontends shouldn't use the same method of getting the
translations as well.

A related problem would be how to choose which translations go into
the boot-floppies; I am unsure how to fix that.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-