Christoph Plattner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> immo vero scripsit:

Hi,

> Example: I have a intel/AMD PC running as host and
> boot server. I have a net bootable kernel for SPARC
> and I want to create a valid "woody" basic installation
> on a NFS-ROOT exported file system, example
> `/export/rootfs/<hostname>/woody' (= root fs).

It is rather difficult as of current state, because
debootstrap would need to run the "postinst" scripts inside
the chroot, which requires that the host arch=target arch.

However, if debootstrap creates the chroot by
extracting the debs only, possibly running the "sid" script to
only up to "x_feign_install dpkg", and
possibly hacking a /sbin/init that has:
#!/bin/sh
exec /post-install.sh

and creating a shell script /post-install.sh which
runs the rest of install_debs() from debootstrap natively,
it sounds like it could be done.

Sounds like a pretty interesting/exciting idea,
although it is not currently implemented,
it should be doable.

regards,
        junichi

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4