Erich Waelde wrote:
> Boot:
>   net DEBCONF_PRIORITY=medium
>
>   Yes, I would like to have an "expert" switch, too  :-)

There is one now..

> choose mirror ...
>   proxy = http://192.168.1.42:80/apt-cacher/
>   will not work for installer download, but would be nice.

Details?

> mounting partitions:
>   loads jfs modules, but does not show in list (ext2 ext3 reiserfs)

The jfs module was recently added, but there is no mkfs.jfs yet, so it
will not show up as an available filesystem type yet. Someone who's
interested will need to work on that..

> installing base system:
>   FAILS IMMEDIATELY with
>   "Invalid Release file, no entry for main/binary-386/Packages."
>
>   find /target
>   /target/var/lib/apt/lists/debootstrap.invalid_dists_sarge_Release.malformed
>
>   which does, however, look innocent to my eyes.
>
>   nothing in /target/var/log/debootstrap.*
>
>   lots of messages on vc/4, but cannot get up to start of this problem

I think that this is probably fixed in the most recent CD build, so
please try it again.

--
see shy jo