stefan wrote:
> trying the swiss german installation:
> - not all translations well done, screens are mixed german/ english

German should be at 100% now, with only possibly a very few things (like
cfdisk) not translated. I think you did an install right before most of
that got in.

> - was trying also the english installation. not shure, but i think have seen in
> the english part screens which don't appear in the german part (selecting
> kernel, overview about installation status (list what is done and what is next)
> don't appear in the german part as much as in the english part)

Nope, what happens is when something goes wrong you are dropped into the
expert mode install to try to correct it. There are more strings in that
mode, and so a larger chance that you will stumble over one that is not
yet translated to german.

> - network configuration: have a external dsl router connected by tcp/ip to my
> computer. did not found guided installation of network parameters (address,
> gateway....). => no internet installation possible,
> => solution: before ftp: downloads for apt, configure and start network
> manually => but after reboot network has to be restartet again, or change
> manually init.d

It would help if you could provide some details of how the installer
failed to configure your network (it should try dhcp and then if that
fails, prompt you for IP addresses), and also what you did manually to
fix it.

--
see shy jo