In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>a. Work to get the debian-installer package cleanly building for
>   all relevant image types.

cdrom and netboot are now cleanly building.  At some future point
floppy may be added for sparc32, but that's not something I'm
concerned about.  (Few sparcs I've seen have floppy.  sparc64 openboot
apparently has bugs so it won't boot from floppy.)

>b. Get a daily autobuild set up (see build/daily-build).
>c. Point manty at that so he can get sparc cdroms building.
>d. Work with me to get sparc turned on in its architecture list,
>   so sparc images can enter the archive.

I think silo-installer is needed before we start bothering with any
automatic building.

>e. Test test test..

My next goal is booting from a hand-built cdrom, seeing if I can start
walking through the d-i prompts.  Looking at the contents of the
sparc-mini iso, this is much simplier than I thought.

Obviously, no useful install can be done with no silo-installer.

--
Blars Blarson                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                http://www.blars.org/blars.html