* Nathanael Nerode <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2004-01-18 18:44]:
Perhaps you didn't notice that I'm completely stuck on another matter (the wget failure). Happy to try once I can work around that.

Put the drive in another PC and use debootstrap to create a base system. Or install another distro, make a base with debootstrap another PC, copy it over and untar it, etc.

So it turns out, having installed Linux to the one drive which is visible to Linux, that the BIOS won't boot from that drive. And I can't use lilo to install a boot block on the bootable SATA drive, because Linux can't see that drive....

And I can't put the SATA drives in another machine, because this is the only machine with a SATA connection.

Got a suggestion for a workaround? Or perhaps a installer kernel which will recognize the drives? :-/

-- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]