Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
> On Friday 05 March 2004 21:04, Joey Hess wrote:
> > I noticed that installing d-i from a usb stick in greek leads to an
> > infinite loop; iso-scan is run over and over. Looks like iso-scan
> > and load-iso have identical menu texts in greek (one is obviously
> > wrong, but I don't read greek). main-menu runs the first, advances
> > to the second, then when that is selected, thinks the first item
> > was selected again.
> >
> > I have corrected this by commenting out both items and reuploading
> > both load-iso and iso-scan. Please make sure it's fixed before
> > unfuzzying.
>
> I suppose you mean these entries, right?
>
> tools/iso-scan/debian/po/el.po:
> # XXX This is commented out because it is identical to the text in
> # load-iso, and that breaks main-menu.
> ##: ../templates:4
> #msgid "Scan hard drives for an installer ISO image"
> #msgstr "????????? ???? ??????? ???????????? ISO ????? ????????
> ???????"
>
> retriever/cdrom/debian/po/el.po:
> # XXX This is commented out because it is identical to the text in
> # load-iso, and that breaks main-menu.
> #msgid "Load installer components from CD"
> #msgstr "??????? ??? ?????????? ???????????? ??? ?? CD"
>
> I can tell you -since I read greek (!)- that these are definately not
> the same text. Something else must be happening.

Huh, now that I look at them side by side, I can tell that too. Well, I
definitly saw the same text in 2 places in the menu, where these two
menu items should be. I tried several other languages and all the others
had different texts there. After commenting it out, the loop problem
went away. So I don't know what it is, but something about these texts
is causing a problem.

--
see shy jo