On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 12:10:37AM +0000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Andrew Pollock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2004-03-12 10:04]:
> > A lot of your problems sound like they stemmed from the wrong
> > partition type for the partition you wanted to use as a physical
> > volume, but then 83 is a short typo from 8e, so you may have had it
> > right.
>
> Oh, I wrote 83... yes, that's a typo.  It definitely was 8e/LVM (grrr,
> just typed 83 again ;).
>
> > lvm2 isn't in the 2.4 series kernels is it?).
>
> Yes, it is.  At least our Debian kernel has it.  (It might be in
> 2.4.25 upstream now, not sure; but we had it since 2.4.24 or so.)

Hmm, okay. I just read Joey's email with deadlines for udeb changes. I'm not
sure if I'm going to be able to retest an LVM install to see if I can
reproduce your problems between now and then. If lvm10 and lvm2 will coexist
(which I think they can) it might be worthwhile altering the postinst for
lvmcfg to install both packages and getting it in for beta3.

Andrew