* Joey Hess <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2004-04-22 12:55]:
>         - mipsel: looks good

I just did a successful installation on a DECstation 5000/133 via the
serial console.  Everything worked fine, apart from one thing: both
colo-installer and delo-installer got loaded, and colo-installer was
executed instead of delo-installer.  I have no idea why colo-installer
was loaded since it has a different sub-architecture (however, iirc,
delo-installer is also loaded on Cobalt, so I assume sub-arch handling
is broken).

p2 said that bogl crashes when he tries a DECstation install with a
video card, but it worked for Karsten recently.  I asked Karsten to
see if it works for him.

In any case, d-i definitely works on DECstation via the serial console
and is ready for beta4.  That is, mipsel/r3k-kn02 and mipsel/r4k-kn04
(DECstation with R3000 and R4000 CPUs).

mipsel/cobalt also works.  The only problem is that you (currently)
need an existing Linux installation in order to boot d-i.  This will
be fixed after beta4 (I'm waiting for the upstream author of colo to
implement net booting).  Apart from this, Cobalt installations work.
--
Martin Michlmayr
[EMAIL PROTECTED]