* rick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2004-05-12 22:40]:
> I downloaded the new daily snapshot, ran it, got some strange messages,
> such as it kept asking me if I wanted to activate PCMCIA becasue it it
> thought I had it.  The exact message was; "This computer seems to have
> PCMCIA interface, Please choose whether PC card services should be

This should be fixed in newer images.

> I told it to install LILO on /dev/hdb1 (where deb was installed) it was
> an option on the list.
> I was using bootpart from win2k to scrape the first 512K off of
> /dev/hdb1 and I thought perhaps it wasn't doing it correctly, so I boot

I'm not quite sure why this didn't work.  You can certainly install
GRUB and LILO in a partition rather than in the MBR.  Can you please
try a new image to see if that works.  Note that d-i should also add
menu items for other existing operating systems on your machine.

> I'm on ADSL, the base-config menu lets you configure PPP, but NOT eth?
> I ran into this prob with a disk1 Sarge install and simply used aptitude
> to install the package to configure the ethernet network, and then added
> packages outside of the installer.
>
> The only options on the base-config menu is for PPP, nothing for

Are you using regular PPP or PPPoE to connect to the Internet?

Can you try a newer image from
http://gluck.debian.org/cdimage/testing/sarge_d-i/
--
Martin Michlmayr