On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 10:43:23PM -0700, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> I am interested in getting the evms udeb into a working state, and would
> appreciate any pointers regarding an efficient way to organize my
> development environment so that I can iteratively make changes to the udeb
> and test.
>
> For instance, is there a way that I can get d-i to download a udeb over the
> network, or from a mounted filesystem, in preference (or in addition) to
> those on the installation media?
>
> Pointers to any existing resources on this subject appreciated.

My solutions was to build my own little mirror on the network and burn
it to cd for testing. The scripts, such as they are, are at
<http://marenka.net/~stephen/di/bin/>. Basically, debmirror will build a
d-i mirror. You need a few .disk files and md5sums if you want a cd. You
need to update the release file after you add in your stuff.

hth,

Stephen

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>