Sven Luther wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 11:45:38AM -0400, Rick_Thomas wrote:

> > > What kernel did it install ? 2.6.7 or 2.4.25 ?

> > It/I installed the 2.6.7 kernel and initrd.

> Well, you used the 2.6 initrd, sure, but how did it install the 2.6.7
> kernel packages if those where not on the netinst iso ?

I didn't use the netinst iso.

For the initial installation boot, I used BootX with the vmlinux and
initrd from the "2.6" folder on the businesscard CD.

When d-i asked which distribution I wanted to use (stable, testing,
unstable) I took "testing", which was the default.

When d-i asked which mirror I wanted to use, I took "ftp.debian.org".

When d-i asked which kernel package I wanted to use, I chose
2.6.7-powerpc.  That put a kernel and an initrd into /boot.  I manually
copied that kernel and initrd into the appropriate folders in the System
folder in the MacOS-9 partition. Then I allowed d-i to reboot.  This (of
course) dropped me into MacOS-9 and BootX, which I then told to use the
*new* vmlinux-2.6.7-powerpc and initrd.img-2.6.7-powerpc, which rebooted
just fine and ran the rest of the installation.

Hope that helps!

Enjoy!

Rick