Hi Giovanni,
I am maybe not the right person to answer your question, but I reported
this bug many months ago, and AFAIK it was solved.

Il mer, 2004-08-18 alle 10:36, Giovanni Ridolfi ha scritto:
[...]
>  When I chose Italian language, the keyboard
> turned out to be not a qwerty... but an azerty (!?)
>  How can I
> - identify the bugged program ?
> - check if a bug report has already been submitted ?
> - if necessary submit it ?

The contrychooser packages (pre)defines the italian keyboard as
kbd=lat0-sun16(iso15) and then the kbd-chooser will let you overwrite
the predefined values with all values from the package console-keymaps.

In /usr/share/console/lists/keymaps/console-data.keymaps I just found
that for iBook, the italian keyboard is 'ibook-it'. Then, in file
/usr/share/keymaps/mac/ibook-it.kmap.gz I checked that this is a qzerty
keyboard.

So I cannot tell you where the error is: did you accepted the default
from languagechooser or specifically selected a keyboard in kbd-chooser?

Bye,
Giuseppe