On Sunday, September 26, 2004, at 08:34 AM, Duane Cottle wrote:

I'm going to start another thread concerning the fact that my scsi hard drive wasn't detected during the entire installation.

You probably have a "mesh" SCSI controller. Almost all OldWorld Apple machines had them.

Early on in the installation process -- before the disk/hardware discovery phase, switch to the "F2" console and type

        modprobe mesh

Then, just before the reboot, switch to the "F2" console again, and add the line
mesh
to the /target/etc/modules file.

I've submitted several bug reports on this topic. The developers know about it, and may fix it sometime. It's not as easy to fix as it sounds, because the mesh controller is not on the regular PCI bus, so the normal hardware discovery programs never get a chance to see it.

Enjoy!

Rick

-- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]