On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Attila Nagy wrote:

> > Yes, if you don't know how to use jigdo, you won't be able to get isos
> > from the master sites (at least not yet for a while).
> This requires manual intervention, that's my only problem.

Yeah, for the first days manual intervention.

> > The isos are available on rsync-debcd.acc.umu.se though, but routing
> > from there to your site is rather bad.
> It seems that not the routing, but something else. I can't connect to that
> machine, using rsync. (the port is open, but I don't get anything back)
> ftp.acc.umu.se works fine.

Hmm.. Seems to be broken then. "It worked fine when I tested it."<tm> :/

I'm moving this to another server now anyway, it should be up in a matter
of hours.

> > I am not aware of any other mirror with them online.
> The case is trivial :)
>
> The two behaviours I've seen so far:
>
> - they just don't care and are waiting for updates from
>   cdimage.debian.org, where they've used to mirror from
> - they did a search and found jigdo, but don't know what is that (they are
>   now learning :)
> - they already got the files with some manual magic (jigdo, download from
>   another site, etc)
>
> This release method saves lot of internet pipes from being saturated. :)

The point being giving a fair chance of a bunch of mirrors getting the
images before cdimage.d.o gets saturated.

/Mattias Wadenstein