On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 08:32:59PM +0200, Richard Atterer wrote:
>On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 04:33:34PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> The one last thing that would make this perfect would be to
>> (somehow, I know it's hard) have jigdo create output on a pipe ready
>> to go straight into cdrecord with no intermediate image files...
>
>It's possible:
>
>  jigdo-file make-image --template=foo.template --image=- \
>      --cache=~/.jigdo-file-cache.db /my-debian-mirror/ \
>  | cdrecord ...

Now that _is_ cool. I'll play with it now. I presume that in a pipe
jigdo will then not attempt to checksum the image?

>I'd be interested in knowing whether this works - I've never tried it
>myself. It might be necessary to use "bfr" inbetween jigdo-file and
>cdrecord for some additional buffering.

And thanks for mentioning bfr too - it's a tool I've seen a need for
for some time, but never spent the effort to write it. On a machine
with 512MB of memory, it would be useful to tell the system to use
half of RAM for buffering CD writes at 24x...

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Use Debian GNU/Linux - upgrade your Windoze box today!  http://www.debian.org/