On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, Joey Hess wrote:

> One interesting thing that I'm running into is that some mirrors have a
> cd with size 614780752, and some have 612171776 for
> debian-30r0-i386-binary-1.iso. I'm assuming the more prevalant 612171776
> is correct, but lack the facilities to check md5sums or anything. Some
> mirrors with the bigger sized cd's include:
>
> ftp.tu-clausthal.de
> ftp.cvt.stuba.sk
> tantale.fifi.org
> ftp.tku.edu.tw
> ftp.belnet.be
> ftp.funet.fi
>
> Of course my script throws these bad sized ones out but I wonder what is
> going on.

Where do you get those sizes from? My ftp and rsync clients shows
612171776 for debian-30r0-i386-binary-1.iso on those mirrors.

lftp ftp.funet.fi:/pub/Linux/mirrors/debian-cdimage/3.0_r0/i386> ls
debian-30r0-i386-binary-1.iso
-rw-r--r--   1 mirror    mirror     612171776 Jul 20 16:31
debian-30r0-i386-binary-1.iso

This is also the size of the downloaded file, which has a correct md5sum.

I also noticed that I have this structure:
debian-cd/3.0_r0/images/i386

Should I remove the "images" dir? I am fairly certain that it ended up
there during the discussions on jigdo-mirror and a standard structure for
the release, but since there is no official master site, I can't be sure.

Other mirrors seems to not have the "images" dir.

/Mattias Wadenstein