On Thu, Dec 01, 2016 at 10:43:18AM +0100, Thomas Goirand wrote:
>On 11/30/2016 08:35 PM, Sam Hartman wrote:
>> Do the openstack images use debootstrap as a package resolver?
>
>Yes.
>
>> If so, yeah, that broke  for most nontrivial installations in stretch.
>
>After some tests, it is libpam-systemd that is pulling systemd-shim. So
>I wonder 2 things:
>
>1/ Do we really need libpam-systemd?

I honestly don't know, tbh.

>2/ If we do, what is the way to get systemd-sysv installed *without*
>systemd-shim? libpam-systemd has as dependency: systemd-shim (>= 8-2) |
>systemd-sysv. How come it's not the opposite way around, and the -shim
>version has priority?

It was done that way explicitly so that systemd-shim would solve the
dependency for people without systemd. I've no idea what's actually
broken here, I'm just seeing the (limited) installation failure
messages from debootstrap.

>3/ If systemd-shim and systemd-sysv are conflicting, how come this isn't
>declared in the packages?
>
>Finally, does anyone have a trick to fix this issue?
>
>I'll upload a version without installing libpam-systemd at the
>debootstrap stage, and install it *after* the debootstrap phase.
>Hopefully, this will be a good fix.

I'd suggest maybe trying doing a stretch debootstrap locally using the
same set of packages as the build script first, and see what's
*Actually* breaking...

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                st...@einval.com
The two hard things in computing: