On Sun, Oct 14, 2018 at 06:02:23PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> One of our (many!) discussion topics at our sprint last week was
> announcing the end of support for our published Jessie (Debian 8.x)
> images. We strongly recommend that all our existing users should move
> forward to Stretch (Debian 9.x) to ensure that they have continuing
> security support. Jessie is no longer officially supported by Debian,
> so our advertised cloud images should also reflect that.

I've submitted requests to the AWS Marketplace to remove our Jessie
listings. They haven't yet acted on these requests, but they should do
so in the coming week.

I will also update the Jessie (and wheezy!?) listings on the wiki to
indicate that they're unsupported. I will remove references to specific
AMI IDs, but will include a note that previous versions of the wiki
pages contain such entries if somebody really really needs them and
understands what they're getting by launching one.

noah