Hello Sam,

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 02:55:31PM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
> We also approved the decision that packages should not include both a
> menu file and a desktop file.

For reference, Policy currently says that packages should include a
desktop file, and may also include a menu file for the sake of old
window managers.

So the change that was approved is:

- delete that paragraph

- add a new paragraph saying "if there is a desktop file, there should
  be no menu file"

This is not strictly equivalent to "packages should not include both a
menu file and a desktop file", but given that we have deprecated menu
files, it seems like the right way to reflect the change.

> The action to draft language for that has stalled in the policy
> process.

Is there a policy bug that got stalled?  If not, maybe this bug should
just be reassigned to policy?

--
Sean Whitton