On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 08:34:04AM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
> In the new universe (debbootstrap, tasksel, etc) where a user might
> never run dselect, what makes sure that in the default configuration,
> standard priority packages get installed?

They'll choose to select tasks, and "tasksel -ris" will presumably be run
for them, which'll install all required, important and standard packages.
This wasn't the case in potato originally, but I think that's been/going to
be changed.

> [I'm not interested in a flamewar about whether emacs20 should be
>  standard; currently it is.]

tetex and emacs are the packages that people usually want out of standard;
tetex already has its own task (task-tex), what would people think of
making a task-emacs and moving both tetex and emacs out from standard?

Cheers,
aj (alternately, we could expand tasksel so that it'd take note of a
    religion-emacs metapackage...)

--
Anthony Towns <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/>