On Thu, Sep 13, 2001 at 11:07:43AM +0200, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
>  My bug was triggered by the fact that gdm offers a long selection of
>  languages, among them English (without bells and whistles, just plain

GDM does not offer english.  It offers POSIX/C English, which sets lang
to "C".  gdm versions above 2.0 use a different method of selecting locale
information, so if you were using "C" in 2.0, you need to reselect the locale
once with the new version.  This bug has already been filed upstream...

--
Ryan Murray, Debian Developer ([EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED])
The opinions expressed here are my own.