On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 12:28:44AM +0200, Mike Hommey wrote:
> Maybe I'm wrong, but I think an MTA rejecting a mail because of oversized
> body
> doesn't have to get the whole body before rejecting the mail. Based on this,
> it should be possible to reject the mail before it gets fully transfered to
> the server.

Well, you can reject on the size argument, if you see one, and if it is not
faked. Otherwise you have to read up to x bytes until you can drop the
conncetion.

But this has nothing to do with the worms, unless you want to limit your
mails to max 10k :) In case of spam and virus checking you have to read at
least the headers, and most likely a lot of the body (till you know the
attachement type)

Greetings
Bernd
--