On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 05:14:04PM -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
> H. S. Teoh wrote:
> >On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 02:29:52PM -0600, Chad Walstrom wrote:
[snip]
> >>Python did away with that requirement for scope in 2.x.  If you want to
> >>use blank lines for code logic separation in python < 2.0, you must nest
> >>the line as far as the current block.  For that reason, I don't use
> >>blank lines within class or method definitions when writing for Python
> >>1.5.x.
>
> >[snip]
>
> >Hmm, I did not know this before.
>
> >*chalks up one more reason to avoid Python like the plague...*
>
>     Uh, care to rewrite that since Python is now on 2.3 and 1.5.2 is
>     several years old?
[snip]

That doesn't negate the fact that I find significant whitespace rather
atrocious. I really rather use a language where I'm free to format the
code the way I want it, to maximally convey its meaning, rather than to be
forced to write it a certain way because some genius decided that
whitespace should be significant.

Designer clothes: how to cover less by paying more.