On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 02:23:36PM +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> Andreas Schuldei <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 11:58:06AM +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> >> Uhm. You knew that conclusions from that meeting would be likely to
> >> contradict the answers from other DPL candidates, but you did nothing to
> >> make them aware of this before they had those answers published to a
> >> large audience?

> > I knew nothing about the candiates' answers, no.

> > I did not use the knowledge to my own advantage, either.

> How is using that knowledge to sidestep the question not using it to
> your own advantage? We have a situation where several DPL candidates
> have voiced support for the release team, only to have an announcement
> three days later that flatly contradicts them. Would it not have been
> better for Debian if you'd told the other candidates what decision had
> been reached?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the timeline went something like:

- Sunday evening, meeting adjourns
- Monday noon-ish, first real draft of the meeting report posted
- Tuesday morning, everyone who needs to review it gets on a plane
- Tuesday evening, DPL candidates have their deadline for responding to
  LWN interview questions

(all times UTC-0800)

I hope you'll be somewhat forgiving of the people involved for the
unfortunate case of timing at work here.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer