On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 10:51:24AM +0100, Julien BLACHE wrote:

> > You do know that m68k is the only architecture still carrying around
> > 2.*2* kernels in sarge?
> Yes. But there are 2.4 kernels available too, don't forget to mention
> that fact. No 2.6, though, but that's not a problem right now. Might
> become a problem for etch, I agree.
> m68k folks, is there anything in the works for 2.6 ?

To my knowledge there are even buildds running 2.6 on m68k.
Even more:
I took just another piece of m68k hardware, which Debian bought for the m68k
port, to Roman Zippel on March, 3rd in order to let him write the needed
drivers for that accelerator card. So, there will even be new drivers for
m68k soon that will be made for 2.6 kernel series, I think.

With the new proposal of de facto dropping m68k support, I'm this -><- close
to recommend to Roman, that he better should invest his time into other
projects, because Debian wouldn't appreciate his work to bring up another
public m68k machine.

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/