On Sat, Aug 18, 2007 at 02:15:31AM +0300, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> dpkg could do its own checksum generation only if there isn't one in the
> package already, or something like that. These special cases can surely
> be worked around.

Yes, probably the right solution.

And even in this case, I still see as not harmful proceeding to fix the
packages which are not using dh_md5sums atm.

One of the reason is that no one yet showed code implementing this in
dpkg and we don't know a timeframe for this, while we know how to get it
working right now with dh_md5sums. The other reasons is that once we
have the support in dpkg it would be easy to change dh_md5sums to nop,
and just changing a bit of code in one place will delegate the task to
dpkg from there on.

Cheers.

[EMAIL PROTECTED],debian.org,bononia.it} -%- http://www.bononia.it/zack/