On 11115 March 1977, Pierre Habouzit wrote:

>   For now a very long time (I'd say at least 6 months, maybe even more)
> puccini is delaying mails for days, and then suddenly releases them. The
> issue is, puccini is responsible for testing transision mails and
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] adresses that are often used and very handy.

>   Has anyone any clues what is going on, and if any plans exist to fix
> this. I'm unsure wether it's relevant from DSA or if it's a problem with
> the hosting or ...  If it's a DSA problem then I'll open an rt request
> about it. So has anyone any information about this issue?

The system runs an older version of the packages.d.o code, which uses
lots of cpu power. Sometimes this is enough to delay other things, like
the postfix instance. Usually happens when a spider runs through
packages.d.o *ignoring* the robots.txt while packages.d.o is updating
itself.

There is new code for pdo (which is usinng way more performant code),
but that requires puccini to get updated to etch. I opened a ticket for
that, asking DSA to do it *or* to give me (local admin of the machine)
the OK to do it. I havent heard anything back on that, and as long as I
dont get an OK in the ticket I wont do anything.

Until one of that happens I regularly (usually daily) look if it has a
huge mailq and if so help it to get out...

--
bye Joerg
<elmo> if klecker.d.o died, I swear to god, I'm going to migrate to gentoo.