On Sat, Dec 22, 2007 at 08:08:42AM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> [Anthony Towns]
> > Kind of reviving an old thread, but anyway:
> > It also includes, but afaics, probably doesn't need to (anymore):
> >
> >     ispell, dictionaries-common, iamerican, ibritish, wamerican
>
> [Agustin Martin]
> > #416572: ibritish: Should not have priority standard
>
> We now have aspell, myspell and hunspell as alternatives to ispell,
> and it can be argued that all of them are better than ispell at
> providing spell checking and recommendations for replacements.
> Because of this, I believe it would be a good idea to drop ispell from
> the list of standard packages, and the related packages too (i*, w*).

What I meant in the rest of my mail was that ispell should already be out
of the standard packages (as well as iamerican, ibritish and wbritish),
and the same for any other spellchecker like aspell or hunspell.

Only wamerican was intended to be part of standard. dictionaries-common is
also part of standard because wamerican needs it for wordlists integration
into Debian. This is something I would like to improve, but I am still
unclear about how.

--
Agustin