Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
It is part of the base system. And people will have to manipulate it
even when the web interface is not available. Think of using globs and
stats. Also think of creative usages of symlinks.

Well, I guess that it is up to me to "think" (demonstrate fisibility)
here. Otherwise I'm just talking :-(

BTW: perl-base is part of the base system, but perl and perl-modules
isn't.
Thank you, Cohen, for your many comments, I'm likely to replace XML format by traditional conf format after receiving comments from several people. I'll try to inherit the format of /etc/network/interfaces if possible.

My idea of using the package is not to replace ifupdown in the normal installer because many system requires a very simple network config, and ifupdown is much more compact. netupdown should be installed later by people having a complex network, like many people install /usr/bin/less to replace /bin/more, and vim to replace vim-tiny after finish installing the base Debian.

Best regards,
Nam