No responses? No one cares enough to comment? Lets see if a change in subject helps.

Do the files created from the RFCs also have the same restrictive license as the RFCs themselves?

Brian May wrote:
Hello,

After messing around with autoconf/automake/libtool stuff for ages, I eventually got to the point where Heimdal 1.2 started compiling.

make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/brian/tmp/debian/mine/heimdal/heimdal-1.2/lib/sl'

Making all in wind

make[3]: Entering directory `/home/brian/tmp/debian/mine/heimdal/heimdal-1.2/lib/wind'

python ./gen-bidi.py ./rfc3454.txt

make[3]: python: Command not found

make[3]: *** [bidi_table.c] Error 127

make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/brian/tmp/debian/mine/heimdal/heimdal-1.2/lib/wind'

make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/brian/tmp/debian/mine/heimdal/heimdal-1.2/lib'

make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/brian/tmp/debian/mine/heimdal/heimdal-1.2'

make: *** [debian/stamp-makefile-build] Error 2

I was going to solve this problem by adding a dependency on python, which would fix the error. Then I noticed what the python script was doing.

In case you haven't worked out out yet, here is a hint: Heimdal is in main, but RFCs are not.

Any ideas?

I would rather not have to make significant changes to the upstream tar.gz file.

Is it OK if I upload what I have got so far to Debian experimental? If so I will probably do so tomorrow when I get the rest compiling. Yuck. Looks like the soname for libkrb5-24-heimdal has been increased to 25 :-(.

Thanks.

Brian May