On Thu, Feb 26 2009, Theodore Tso wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 12:56:30PM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> > BTW, I have a set of patches you might want to consider.  I'll file
>> > them in BTS if you're currently making make-kpkg.
>>
>>         Please. I have been thinking about the request you made for
>>  debugging symbols being packaged, and now I do have some time to play
>>  with building kernels again, I would like to see that in Squeeze.
>
> Sorry for the delay; I've sent you the private patches I've been using
> for make-kpkg.  Some of them are quite hackish, and some of they you
> may have fixed in other ways, so I won't feel bad at all if you need
> to significantly rework them before you can merge them into your
> master sources.

        Most of these bugs had been fixed, and all but one have been
 fixed by last night's upload into experimental. The only one remaining
 is the one about creating a new debuginfo package; I am torn between
 letting the debuginfo remain with the image package, but move the debug
 infromation from /lib/modules into /usr/ or /var; and to creating a
 whole new package just for the debugging information.

        manoj
--
The Gordian Maxim: If a string has one end, it has another.
Manoj Srivastava <sriva...@debian.org> <http://www.debian.org/~srivasta/>