Le Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 05:55:20PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava a écrit :

>         Is there anyone other than yourself who is actually unhappy
>  about markdown/ReST?

Hi all, hi Andreas,

In the end, I do not think that it is a good idea to do typesetting in long
descriptions. In the packages I maintain, I will remove itemized and ordered
lists if there are. This will solve Andreases problem. In none of the packages
I maintain I have found any need for italics, bold, understrike or other
sophisticated typographical features.

URLs could be an exception, but the only user request I had about this was for
having them in the “External Resources:” section of the packages.debian.org
page.

I do not oppose the use of any markup, but given that nobody is stepping up for
doing some real work apart from Andreas, I suggest that we settle on a simple
recommendation about bullet lists to be put in the Developers Reference.

If we do not agree, we can alternatively go the wishlist patch way: Andreas is
working on a website to present the packages that are installed in Debian Pure
Blends. When we notice that a package description of package we recommend is
difficult to format nicely, we can send a whishlist patch to the BTS. We will
then see if these patches are welcome, and maybe will start a trend. For the
moment, I have the feeling that we are fighting resistance from developpers
whose packages are not an issue for us anyway.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,