Le Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 11:10:07PM +0100, Benjamin Drung a écrit :

> npapi- prefix is not very user friendly. It reminds me of the PCMCIA
> card. xul-plugin- sounds better, but do not fit. The least evil proposal
> was to append -browserplugin. Better suggestions are welcome.

Hi Benjamin,

I think that Debtags allow to everything you would like to do with the naming
scheme you proposed, and in a much more user-friendly way. It will be much less
time-consuming to properly document already existing binary packages through
debtags than to do a mass renaming that need uploads and passage through to the
NEW queue. For source package names, I also recommend to stick to the upstream
tarball name whenever possible.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy