Am 26.07.2010 11:56, schrieb Raphael Hertzog:
> On Mon, 26 Jul 2010, Daniel Reurich wrote:
>> (It would be easier still if sensible-utils included a "mail user agent" as
>> well,
>> then we could just call that.)  Alternatively we could ask the user what
>> mua they use (provide a list out of the installed mua's) - and use that.
>
> That's the approach followed by reportbug-ng. I've read reports from the
> author that it's not working very well for all the MUA when used through
> the xdg-email indirection.
>
> Hence reportbug-ng allows you to pick up your MUA in a list and it uses
> MUA specifict options to achieve its goal.

Yep, that's correct. I wish xdg-email would work as expected but it does
not so I have to take care of each and every quirk of a MUA if it wants
to be used by reportbug-ng.

If my summer of code project works well, debbugs' SOAP interface will
offer write operations. Then we don't need a MUA to report/manipulate
bugs anymore. That will make things much easier.

Cheers,

Bastian

--
Bastian Venthur                                      http://venthur.de
Debian Developer                                 venthur at debian org