On Thu, 17 Mar 2011, Paul Wise wrote:
> Does your autogen.sh script ever become anything more than calling
> autoreconf with some specific options?

Yes.  I think it was Cyrus IMAP that required -I in places where
autoreconf doesn't reach, so I called each tool separately.  Which is
obviously a problem in autoreconf.

> > 3. I always hook the debian package to retool on package build.  I have
> > 4. Just deal with the annoyance in the debian clean target, but do use
> > 5. Cheerfully ignore any purists complaining that debian/rules clean does
> >   not restore whatever crap was there upstream.
>
> I generally don't bother with these unless I'm patching the autotools
> source files (configure.ac/Makefile.am). I'm increasingly being
> convinced that doing it in all autotools-based packages is a good
> idea.

If you get it right, and life for anyone doing an NMU suddenly is much
easier.  That's why I do it on all my packages, even if I don't have to
patch configure.ac or Makefile.am at the moment.

  Henrique Holschuh