Le Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 08:52:41AM +0200, olivier sallou a écrit :

> For Amazon AMI, constraint is on Kernel/Ramfs. On amazon, those are not in
> the image(disk) but separated, and cannot be provided. Those must be
> pre-uploaded on amazon, and only some providers can do so (Ubuntu is one of
> them).

Hi Olivier,

actually, it is now possible to run user-provided kernels on the Amazon EC2, by
booting them via PVGRUB as explained in the following URL.

  http://aws.amazon.com/articles/3967

PVGRUB reads /boot/grub/menu.lst, and I just saw that grub2 contains
/usr/lib/grub-legacy/update-grub, which opens a way to keep this file up to
date when kernels are updated, via a kernel hook.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,