On Mon, 15 Dec 1997, Nicolás Lichtmaier wrote:

> > (I need that to display messages directed to stderr from busybox when
> > linked to a Slang program, as in:
>
>  Uh? Why don't you just do...
>
> int p[2];
> pipe(p);
> if(!fork())
> {
>       dup2(p[1],2);
>       exec...
> }
> /* now you can read the output from the p[0] file descriptor... */

Memory penalty. As busybox and dinstall are linked together in this
implementation, forking implies doubling the already big memory
requirements. Perhaps we should implement a libbusybox.so ...

(I wouldn't like to substantially modify busybox right now. We already
have enough work with the rewriting, and we need a set of working libc6
boot-floppies ASAP, but if someone wants to take care of busybox, he is
welcome).

--
Enrique Zanardi                                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Dpto. Fisica Fundamental y Experimental                 Univ. de La Laguna