On 2013-06-06 12:40, Joachim Breitner wrote:
if the DPAs get wanna-build support (which I hope) you certainly don’t
want to handle nmu and gb requests for every developer’s pet
repositories, so there will be a need for a general interface. Can this
be done using dcut files, just as with other DPA management commands?

Which begs the question if build management should be merged into dak to provide insight about which package is new. Obviously this could also be a defined interface but if we're going to start to reuse dak's interfaces for that... maybe not.

Currently what wanna-build does is looking at the whole Packages and Sources files after every update by dak. This is quite time-consuming[1]. I wonder if an upload processed by dak should create a new entry in the build management and management commands could then operate on those (i.e., records that describe the target archive, the needed overlays, and the package version to build). That's kind of what sojuz does, AFAIK, but that was designed with trusted VPN'ed networks in mind and people said at times that it is odd, too.

We currently have one line per package/suite tuple that's modified and the raw changes are dumped into another table. It would be cleaner if there was a build entry that's completed with a log from the buildd and a new one being created for the next build to be run.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern

[1] Yes, I know that quinn-diff was quick for the process of getting the expected state, but we also need to sync other bits.