On Sun, 09 Jun 2013 01:04:38 +0200, Michael Stapelberg
<stapelb...@debian.org> wrote:
>since some people might not read planet debian, here is a link to my
>first blog post in a series of posts dealing with the results of the
>Debian systemd survey:
>
>http://people.debian.org/~stapelberg/2013/06/09/systemd-bloat.html

Thanks for a remarkably unbiased view on the matter. I have to object
against one part though:

|While it is sad that those machines cannot profit from systemd, switching
|to systemd as a default has no downside either: Debian continues to
|support sysvinit for quite some time, so these machines will continue
|to work even with upcoming Debian versions.

I doubt this will happen. Once systemd is the default on Deban/GNU
Linux, people will stop testing their init scripts, or they will even
stop shipping init scripts, leaving the task of writing or testing
init scripts to the non-Linux porters, which will of course decrease
their quality since init scripts should be written and tested by
people knowing the initted software very intimately.

Greetings
Marc