On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 12:51:13PM +0400, Vitaliy Filippov wrote:
> I think Debian project is significant enough to have some influence
> on systemd development, i.e. at least send patches, and in this case

- Debian has sent patches upstream
- Mageia is *much* smaller distribution, that packager has attended
  *various* systemd hackfests
- Mageia package maintainer sent various patches upstream
- Patches are *not* accepted based on how many people you represent
  or which company you work for (e.g. some Red Hat dude got a "no"
  during hackfest before FOSDEM)

> Debian won't end up using any "non-standard" version. This can also
> reduce the risk of "vendor-lock", because the speed Lennart adds
> features to systemd is so fast that I won't be really surprised if
> he adds HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER next. And everyone
> will be forced to use that new feature [registry] if Debian project
> won't have any influence on systemd. That's what I call vendor-lock
> :)

Features are discussed beforehand at loads of conferences. I think
resorting to "Windows registry" to make a point says enough. The project
is under active development, that's is a good thing. If you have needs,
make them known. Be positive, not distrustful and you'll go a long way.

> As I understand systemd has relatively active community with many
> developers from different distros (am I right?) so it should be no
> problem for Debian developers to also join it.

AFAIK people are already active.

> I mean that Debian systemd maintainers could try to untangle that ball of
> >current design, where each component is used by another
> and even try to upstream this work! :)

This is all very vague and non specific.

--
Regards,
Olav