Hi,

Le 26/02/2014 15:55, Jakub Wilk a écrit :
> * Paul Tagliamonte <paul...@debian.org>, 2014-02-26, 08:39:
>>> First, we need new syntax to specify the architectures an arch:all
>>> package may be built on. (There may be cases where this cannot be
>>> deducted from the other binary packages it builds – if any. Heck,
>>> there may even be cases where a source package has multiple arch:all
>>> packages that need to be built on *different* architectures.)
>
> “multiple arch:all packages that need to be built on different
> architectures” is not something that dpkg-buildpackage supports
> currently anyway. Let's not over-engineer…

I assume there will be full-archive rebuilds attempted before this is
deployed in production anyway, I guess this should catch the few weird
cases, if any...

The only semi-legit case I can think of (for several arch-indep packages
which need to be built on distinct arches from the same source) is for a
source package which is intended to retrieve information on a each arch
at build time and distribute it to all architectures in binary packages.
Why exactly you would want to do that is not clear to me, perhaps to
retrieve and distribute this sort of information:
 https://wiki.debian.org/ArchitectureSpecificsMemo

In all other cases (I can think of), that means that the package is
somehow buggy on all architectures.

Kind regards, Thibaut.